The Dropp seeks new Editor-in-Chief in Orlando
, The Dropp
The Dropp is looking for a brand new, eager Editor-in-Chief to facilitate the ongoing functions of this humble website. Applicants should be task-oriented individuals eager to take the vision of this website to new heights and continue to grow in The Dropp family.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through execution
- Oversee contributing writers, editors, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, etc., as well as delegate tasks and duties amongst them
- Write and edit articles, as well as edit the articles of contributing writers
- Maintain a quality level of search engine optimization (SEO) and relationship with audience
- Maintain look and feel of The Dropp’s brand
- Cover local events and be willing to report on a timely, deadline-oriented basis
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within a related field (not necessary, but a plus)
- At least basic understanding of web development—HTML, CSS and various other languages, and a desire for continued learning with respect to coding
- Strong experience working as a leader or managing others
- Self-motivated toward excellent work outcomes
- An understanding of the current cultural state of Florida, specifically the major cities (Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Tallahassee, Gainesville, etc.)
- An overall passion for music, film, literature, food, art and more
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Some marketing experience, or at least basic knowledge
- Some graphic design experience is also a plus
- Attention to detail and a respect for timeliness
- The overall willingness to learn all of the above, or to delegate and assign duties to others as necessary
We’re looking for someone who is amiable, humble, good-spirited, eager to have fun, passionate about the arts and driven to share that passion with others and expand his or her horizons.
To apply for this position, send your portfolio, resume, and any relevant material to firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: Applicants from areas other than Orlando will still be considered based on a shining resume and other qualifications. Interviews can be done through Skype or other mediums.